Elena Iacob, DDS
Transforming Lives by Changing Smiles
I’m passionate about what I do. My work as an orthodontist is my trademark, and my dream is to have a positive impact in each of my patients’ lives. I love helping people and know I have one of the best jobs in the world: I have the opportunity to meet people every day and help each of them change their future!
Being an orthodontist allows me to really get to know each patient on a personal level. It’s incredible to watch a person’s self-esteem grow as they see the change in their appearance. By the time they finish, their personality is transformed: they’re confident and outgoing, smiling and laughing with ease.
My best reward is a big smile on a kid’s or teenager’s face at the end of treatment, or an adult who finishes and tells me they now have the smile they’ve desired for years. I also love when we’re able to help someone with complex, challenging issues, such as TMJ-TMD. Working with such a patient, giving them a good bite and a beautiful and harmonious smile, can’t be beat!
My team and I want to be part of each patient’s life not just during treatment, but for life. We believe in caring for each patient with compassion, respect, and in a manner that we’d like to be treated. We’re passionate about communication and want patients and parents to be full participants in their treatment. Working collaboratively creates a trusting environment and delivers exceptional results!
Education and Awards
- Bachelor of Science in biology, summa cum laude – University of California Los Angeles
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, top of class – Loma Linda University California
- Master of Science, specialty in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics – Loma Linda University
I am honored to have received the following awards:
- Loma Linda University School of Dentistry Center for Dental Research Basic Science Award
- Loma Linda University Academic Excellence Award
- American Association of Orthodontists Award for Exceptional Interest in the Development of the Oro-Facial Complex
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Award
- Dean’s List, University of California Los Angeles and Loma Linda University
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society, induction
Commitment to Continuing Education
My patients deserve the best care that uses advanced techniques and state-of-the-art technology. Each year I complete many continuing orthodontic education courses, to expand my knowledge, skills, and what I am able to offer patients. My goal is the best treatment outcome with exceptional patient comfort and a focus on efficiency.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas Orthodontic Study Club
- North Texas Dental Society
Beyond the Office
I grew up in Romania and moved to California to attend college. North Texas has been my home for almost ten years. When I’m not caring for patients, I’m usually spending time with my husband John and family and friends. I enjoy traveling, love reading, and like cooking with my husband.